In addition to the professional support options offered by our integrative therapy specialists, the following local and national support programs are available to assist patients:
- http://www.athenshealth.org/LoranSmithCenter – Loran Smith Center for Cancer Support at Athens Regional Medical Center provides compassionate and knowledgeable staff and volunteers to assist cancer patients with questions and concerns.
Cancer Survivors Leadership Council of Georgia member organizations:
- http://cancersupportcommunityatlanta.org – The Wellness Community, Northside Hospital: Cancer patient support, education and stress reduction through groups, workshops, educational information.
- http://www.georgiapcc.org – Georgia Prostate Cancer Coalition: Support for Georgia men with prostate cancer.
- http://www.thehealthinitiative.org – Atlanta Lesbian Health Initiative.
- http://www.breastfriends.org – Individual support for breast cancer patients.
- http://www.sistersbychoice.net – Support for patients, survivors, significant others, husbands, family, and friends to help one another. Groups over age 40 and under age 40.
- http://www.lls.org – Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click “Find Support” on the left side of the home page.
- http://www.bymyside.com – A resource for caregivers of cancer patients.
- http://www.canceradvocacy.org – National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the country, advocating for quality cancer care for all Americans and empowering cancer survivors.
- http://www.cancerconsultants.com – A directory of resources for cancer patients and families.
- http://www.robertcoram.com/prostate.html – A prominent author of military biographies shares the story of his long journey with prostate cancer – a journey to which all prostate cancer patients can relate.
- http://www.cancercare.org – Provides online education and support for cancer patients and families.
- http://www.inspire.com/groups/lung-cancer-alliance-survivors – Provides support and advocacy for lung cancer patients and their loved ones.
- https://www.cancercare.org – CancerCare: 1-800-813-HOPE | CancerCare is a national nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services for anyone affected by cancer.
- https://www.cancersupportcommunity.org – Cancer Support Community: 1-888-793-9355 | The Cancer Support Community provides the highest quality emotional and social support through a network of nearly 50 local affiliates, more than 100 satellite locations and online.
- https://imermanangels.org – Imerman Angels: 1-877-274-5529 | Imerman Angels carefully matches and individually pairs a person touched by cancer (a cancer fighter or survivor) with someone who has fought and survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). Cancer caregivers (spouses, parents, children and other family and friends of fighters) also receive 1-on-1 connections with other caregivers and survivors.
- http://www.asbestos.com – Comprehensive and updated information on mesothelioma treatments, including traditional and unconventional treatments, alternative medicine and other therapies, and the latest in clinical trials, and more.
- http://blochcancer.org – Free service that matches newly diagnosed patients with others who have survived the same cancer.
- http://www.cancerhopenetwork.org – Free service that matches patients with survivors of the same cancer.