Our Oncology Social Work Department offers the following services to patients:
- Social Security Disability (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Medicaid/Medicare questions/application procedures
- Information about and referrals to local and national financial assistance resources
- Prescription costs/Prescription Assistance Programs
- Finding assistance to help with the costs of lymphedema supplies, durable medical equipment, prescription nutrition supplements, ostomy supplies, PEG supplies
- Decision-making regarding home care needs or alternative living arrangements, including nursing homes, hospice, or home healthcare
- Work-related issues and employment rights (ADA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, Unemployment)
- Georgia Advanced Directives and Five Wishes
If any of the following links don’t open with a click, copy and paste the http line into your Internet browser URL line.
General Financial Assistance
The following organizations provide general financial assistance to those patients who are eligible:
- http://www.cfnega.org – Cancer Foundation of Northeast Georgia Offers cancer patients in our area limited financial grants to help with utilities, mortgage or rent, auto or other personal expenses.
- http://www.corpangelnetwork.org – Corporate Angel Network Arrange free air transportation for cancer patients traveling to treatment using the empty seats on corporate jets.
- http://www.angelflight.com – Angel Flight Volunteer pilots who arrange free air transportation for any legitimate charitable or medically related need, including those people who are financially distressed, or who are in a time-critical, non-emergency situation due to their medical condition.
- http://www.needymeds.org – NeedyMeds A resource for finding assistance to pay for prescription medications.
- http://www.patientadvocate.org – Patient Advocate Foundation A national non-profit that seeks to safeguard patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability relative to their diagnosis of life threatening or debilitating diseases.
- www.cancercare.org – CancerCare 1-800-813-HOPE (4673) Provides limited financial assistance to women with cancer and men with a multiple myeloma diagnosis.
- www.cancer.org – American Cancer Society, Community Resource Connection 1-800-ACS-2345 Provides limited financial assistance with transportation and prescription costs. Also has limited Road to Recovery volunteer transportation program in Northeast Georgia.
- www.lls.org – The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 1-800-955-4572 Provides limited financial assistance for persons with cancers of the blood.
- www.lymphoma.org – Lymphoma Research Foundation 1-800-500-9976 Provides limited financial assistance on a funds-available basis for persons in treatment for lymphoma.
- www.braintumor.org – National Brain Tumor Society 1-800-934-2873 Provides limited financial resources for patients with primary or secondary cancers of the brain.
- www.marrow.org – National Marrow Donor Program 1-888-999-6743 Provides financial assistance for costs associated with bone marrow transplant.
- www.colorectalcareline.org – Patient Advocate Foundation’s Colorectal CareLine 1-866-657-8634 Provides case management and referrals for financial assistance for persons with colorectal cancer.
- www.sarcomaalliance.org – Sarcoma Alliance 1-415-381-7236 Provides limited financial assistance for persons with sarcoma.
- www.liveunited.org – United Way Call 2-1-1 for local services. Provides information and referral to local agencies and community organizations to address urgent financial needs related to housing, living expenses, groceries, childcare, and medicine.
The following organizations may assist eligible patients with copayments related to their treatment:
- www.cancercarecopay.org – CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation 1-866-55-COPAY
- www.cdfund.org – Chronic Disease Fund 1-877-968-7233
- www.healthwellfoundation.org – Healthwell Foundation 1-800-675-8416
- www.lls.org/copay – The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Co-Pay Assistance Program 1-877-557-2672
- www.rarediseases.org – National Organization for Rare Disorders 1-800-999-6673 (voicemail only) or 1-203-744-0100
- www.panfoundation.org – Patient Access Network Foundation 1-866-316-7263
- www.copays.org – Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief Program 1-866-512-3861
- www.uneedpsi.org – Patient Services Incorporated 1-800-366-7741